Welcome to Women’s Resource Agency
We empower women and girls to attain and maintain personal self-sufficiency and economic independence. For more than 40 years, Women’s Resource Agency has been supporting women of the Pikes Peak region by providing the tools necessary for them to succeed in the workplace and in their personal development.
Get tickets now for April 4 gala fashion show at the Antler’s Hilton downtown. This red carpet event will celebrate the stories of WRA’s women and girls and also honor three first responders for their dedicated work the past two years with our fires and floods. Click here for more information and to buy tickets.
Did you know:
- Girls have experienced a 52% increase in criminal commitment rates, according to the Women’s Foundation of Colorado.
- According to Pikes Peak United Way’s Quality of Life Indicators, El Paso County’s unemployment rate is 9.2%, higher than the state average of 8%. We estimate that over 12,500 women are looking for work in El Paso County.
- Eight out of ten women who get Suited Up For Success with WRA get a job within a month.
The Making Cents! Program is a three month long series of workshops that help women who are coming off long term unemployment or a long period of no job, to make sense of their downturn and rally to make cents again! Learn about WRA’s FREE program with workshops starting January 14.
Suit Up For Success Celebrations
You can support the work of WRA.
Donate now using our secure online donation page.
* $10 supports a teen for her first appointment toward planning for college, or personal support to develop a healthy relationship and positive life skills.
* $25 provides one woman with her first appointment in our Suit-Up for Success program, with access to classes on job readiness and interview skills, resume preparation, and personal development.
* $50 provides for 8 women to receive an introduction class to Computer Basics for job seekers
* $100 provides one session of Career Readiness Bootcamp for 5 clients in the adult programs
* $250 "adopts" one teenage girl to participate in the InterCept Too program for adjudicated girls, an 8-week program that is designed to teach positive development skills and educates and empowers girls to make better life decisions.
Our caring and compassionate staff members and volunteers help women of all ages create an individualized plan to improve their lives. Participants receive individualized coaching for personal and career development, job search skills, interview and resume assistance, computer training, workshops to alleviate stress and further their professional growth. Participants also have access to our signature Suit-Up for Success program for interview and employment clothing.
We also have school-based empowerment programs for at-risk adolescent girls to promote educational success, positive behaviors and healthy life choices, and to develop strong leadership skills, as well as an intervention program for female juvenile offenders engaged in the juvenile justice system.
Volunteers and financial supporters are our lifeblood, and there are many ways you can help further our nonprofit organization’s mission of empowering women to attain and maintain personal self-sufficiency and economic independence. Learn more »