- Women and children make up the largest percentage of people who are homeless.
- 73% of clients served by WRA are single moms.
- In El Paso County, the median income for single moms is $25,778 ($12.40/hr). The cost of full time daycare is $12,600/year. To be eligible for food assistance, you can make up to 130% of the poverty level which is $25,000 (less than $10/hr). Single moms and their children really struggle.
Donate by Mail
Include your name, address, phone number and write "Donation" on your check or money order made payable to the Women's Resource Agency. Indicate if you would like to designate your gift to a particular program.
Women's Resource Agency
750 Citadel Drive East, Suite 3128
Colorado Springs, Colo. 80909
Suit Up For Success
Women's Resource Agency's Suit Up For Success program needs your donations of women's career clothing, shoes and accessories. Suits that are interview-appropriate, in sizes 6-16, are in high demand. We also accept workplace-appropriate clothing for new employees. Donated clothing that is not considered appropriate for these uses will also be accepted for our Style It Forward enterprise, proceeds of which go to Suit Up for Success and career readiness program needs. Donations of beauty products and new cosmetics are also accepted for client imaging workshops. We also need office supplies and fixtures.
Style it Forward
Women's Resource Agency receives donations of lovely clothing and accessories (lots with tags still on them) each month. If the clothing is not interview or workplace-appropriate, we will have a sale of these first-rate garments three times a year. Seasonal overstocks of professional clothing will also be sold off during these sales. The public is invited to purchase clothing and accessories, including designer labels, at amazing costs.
We need your gently used and in resalable condition designer and name brand handbags, shoes, cocktail dresses, and special occasion dresses for this new social enterprise. Proceeds from the sale of these items will go directly to WRA Suit Up for Success and career readiness programs and ensure we can continue to impact the lives of women, girls, and families in our community.
Please note: as always, your donations of professional clothing will continue to be given free of charge to clients in need as part of the Suit Up for Success program.
A crew of enthusiastic volunteer support the Women's Resource Agency through generous donations of their time, talent and finances because they experience the value of our programs first-hand. The Women's Resource Agency always has room for volunteer power.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Teach basic computer and Microsoft Office classes
- Assist with resume preparation and mock interviews
- Help students in the computer lab
- Be a guest speaker at a self-sufficiency workshop
- Be a shopper in our boutique and help women Suit Up For Success
- Provide administrative assistance in our office
- Work as an inventory control specialist in our clothing boutique
- Serve on event committees, which helps raise funds